glame/libmad breaks xmms

I need some help here. In attempting to get CD-Roast to record audio
CDs, I installed glame. Because of a dependency, I also had to install
libmad. After installation XMMS no longer will play MP3s, which leads me
to believe that the culprit is libmad.

I have attempted to reinstall everything from both source and RPMs with
no luck. Short of completely un-installiing these modules I am out of
clues. Has anyone else experienced this problem and if so, how did you
fix it?

--
L. Parker
chief cook, bottle washer and sometime sysadmin