Red Hat 9 install

I just now installed Red Hat 9 over Red Hat 8 Pro, What a mess! It loaded up right up to the username after the 3rd disk told me thank you for a sucessful installation. Then when i put in the username, I got this message box,{"Application "gnome-settings-daemon" (process 1145) has crashed due to a fatal error. (segmentation fault) It included a link saying " Please visit the Gnome Application Crash page for more information," which asked for my email address. Instead of allowing me to insert my email address or my name. So two gnome thingys wouldn't work for me. Here I sit so broken hearted, tried to use my Red Hat, which just barely started..... My Red Hat won't let me in and it's all the fault of my Gnome, which I prefer to KDE. Anyone got any good ideas for this Linux newbie. I'm not a tekkie, so if you have advice, please try to put it in layman's language. Thanks, Jim

Scope out the new MSN Plus Internet Software — optimizes dial-up to the max! http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-us&page=byoa/plus&ST=1