Re: Tiny Icons and Fonts

On Sun, 2004-08-01 at 15:14 +0100, Colin Partridge wrote:
> I have a problem where-by after a reboot and logging in all the icons and
> fonts on the gnome desktop are tiny and unreadable.  Does anyone have nay
> ideas what might cause this problem and how I might fix it.
>
> My only thoughts are to delete all the gnome related files and folders
>  from my home folder and log out and back in again.

That might just fix the problem.  :-)

Sounds like you might have a permissions error with your gconf directory
which is causing gconf to not store your settings properly.  I'd "rm -rf
~/.gconf*"  after logging out of GNOME and then see if that fixes it.

If that doesn't work, take a look at your log files, /var/log/messages
to see if you can spot errors from the gconf daemon.  Finally you might
post your OS version + gconf version and some log file info to see if
anyone can help out.

Hope that works for ya!
~ Bryan