vfat only writable by root

Title: vfat only writable by root

Hi linux folk.

I am running redhat 7.3
I partitioned my harddrive into three 32 G vfat partitions and one 56 G
ext3. For some reason I have not been able to write to the vfat partitions
except as root. This is starting to bug me.

I have checked the permissions and changed the mount point to 777
Still no luck

Any suggestions

regards
Hope you can help me

Pete

This e-mail is intended for the addressee(s) named and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it immediately and notify the sender. Any views expressed in this email are those of the individual sender except where the sender expressly and with authority states them to be the views of the Department of Environment and Conservation (NSW) which now incorporates the NSW Environment Protection Authority. The Department accepts no liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email and recommends that the recipient check this email and any attachments for viruses.