Re: Remote (ssh) execution of gnome-terminal w/ NFS home

> I actually read most of the relevant thread earlier, but apparently I
> missed the most interesting bit. The suggested orbitrc update helps. Thanks.
>
> Maybe this setting ought to be the default, though, or perhaps the error
> message might mention it, or maybe a better solution is on its way?

Except that:
1. orbit hasn't been audited
2. it opens ports in ranges so you have to poke a bunch of holes in a
firewall
3. it won't work for two systems that share the same home directory file
system but cannot contact each other
4. it's a kludge on it's best day b/c now instead of being dependent on
one workstation and servers. You're dependent on two workstations and
servers.

-sv