Re: Galeon?

On Thu, 2003-05-29 at 01:05, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> On Thu, May 29, 2003 at 12:42:24AM -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> > is 1.3 that unstable?
> >
> > I've been using galeon 1.3.4 for a while now with no weirdnesses to
> > report.
> >
> > and it's gtk2 last I looked.
>
> Right, but we don't want to do a Galeon-1.2 to Galeon-2 transition,
> and then a Galeon-2 to Epiphany transition - too much churn - and we
> don't want to end up with both Galeon and Epiphany in the distribution
> - too much duplication.

That makes sense. I'd love to have an all-gtk2 desktop for TNV of gnome
and Red Hat, but I understand constraints like that.

The biggest obstacle I've had when using epiphany is that the bookmarks
are vastly different than I am used to and not so easy to use that I
don't need to learn something dramatically different.

The bookmarking isn't finished is it? It seems like it has a bit to go
before the goals for the bookmarking mechanism are complete.

-sv