RH network alert icon can not show up at the bottom panel in GNOME

I have root account and user account in a RH8.0 box. I ama
subscriber of RHN and destop environment is GNOME. When I
login as my user account, RHN icon can not show up at the
bottom panel. As I remembered I had deleted the icon from
panel by accident. I tried one solution by click "main
menu"=>"system tool"=>"red hat network alert icon ", but the
icon still did not show up.  But up2date program works fine.
If I login as root, after login, I can see the RHN alert
icon on the panel. I used my root right to creat another
user account and login, I can see the RHN alert icon too. So
I guess the possible cause of icon disappearing is my wrong
configuration of GNOME panel (I am using version 2.0.6) for
my user account. If my guess is right, how can I correct the
configuration ? If my guess is not right, what is the cause
of the problem and what is the solution?

Thanks a lot