gmc crash

When try to open Gnome File Manager it fails to open when clicking on
menu selection. If I try again I get the error:

	Application "gmc" (process 2526) has crashed due to a fatal error.
(segmentation fault)

with a prompt to sub,it a bug report, which I did.

Then I get another error:

	gmc --sm-client-id 117f000001000104897056000000017180007
	No repsonse to the Save Yourself command.The program may be slow,
stopped or broken. You may wait for it to respond or remove it.

A variation of that message periodically pops up is I write this.

I recently installed OpenOffice.org and some TrueType fonts. I believe I
am running gnome 1.2 on RedHat 7.1.

Any ideas?

Jhn B.

--