Gnome 2.2 freezes on logout

Hi all,

I don't know if this is a common problem, but i've looked everywhere
else and can't find a solution. I installed RedHat 9 which uses Gnome
2.2 and afterwards I upgraded the system using up2date.

Now, everytime I click on the logout button the window system freezes.
There are a couple of other windows that also don't open - like Print
Manager, and OpenOffice.org takes forever to show up.

On another computer I have I didn't upgrade the packages and I have no
problem at all so I relate this problem to having upgrade the packages.

Is there a solution for this problem? What can be done, besides
formatting my hard-drive and installing everything again?

I'd really appreciate if anyone has some kind of solution to share.

Thanks in advance,
Celso