Fresh install of newest GNOME on RH 8

Does anyone out there know where I can get the info needed to do a fresh install of GNOME on RH 8 running a REMOVED and then recompiled and re-installed version of X? I have tried to download all the source packages as stated in the howto and compiling them in the order in which they request and I get so far and the compiles start bombing out stating mainly 'cannot locate XFLIB' er something to that effect. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Joshua McDowell
The state kidnapped my baby girl,  wanna read about it?
http://geocities.com/joshmia2001/