Gnome Install Problem with Red Hat 7.2

Hi:

I am attempting a clean install of Red Hat 7.2 on a dedicated hard disk with
Gnome as the graphical environment.

Problem is - no graphical logon screen ever comes up. Just a blank screen
that stays there until I shut the system down.

I performed an install successfully on another system (again a dedicated
hard disk) with KDE which works fine. Comparing the boot process output,
they look similar until it gets to the part where the command line type
output disappears and the graphical login should come up. I've reinstalled
twice (for a total of three times) with the same results each time.

I doubt this matters - but my Gnome system is a dual boot Windows XP/Linux
7.2 system (a new Dell Dimension), and I bought a new hard disk for Linux.
The Grub loader boots both XP and Linux, so I don't think the dual boot is
involved in the problem.

Comments? Suggestions?

Carey Sublette