Building sawfish

I'm trying to rebuild the sawfish from gnomehide on a mostly stock RH7.2
system, and I'm trying to figure out the precursor packages I need to
build first.

I started with librep, but I get a failure invoking ../libtool with
--batch, with the message 'No such file or directory, "--batch"'.
Methinks the librep package needs a versioned BuildReq for whatever
creates ../libtool.

(I rebuild packages all the time, and package a few things of my own, so
I'm not a stranger to the process. I'm just hoping someone else can
point out the gotchas that might trip me up.)

(Ultimately I'm trying to resolve a focus issue with gnome-terminal and
it was suggested that I try the latest sawfish. The terminal fails to
acquire focus if I click in the middle of its window.)