Re: rync mirroring

On Mon, 2002-01-14 at 15:48, seth vidal wrote:
[..]
> Slight problem - I don't think people.redhat.com supports rsync.

It doesn't.  Even trying to mirror with wget and the --mirror switch
isn't good because of the date issue.  I currently use this:

wget -r -nr -c ftp://site.com/pub/RPMS

It's slower because it checks each individual file, but it only
retrieves files that have been remotely updated.  It's easy enough then
to use a little bash script for querying each file with the RPM database
and checking which ones aren't installed locally (and install/upgrade
them).

Works for me anyway. :-)

Best regards,

Lee J. Moore