Re: Any plans to but the full new beta into gnomehide?

Thomas Dodd <ted cypress com> writes:

> So what are you working on now?

Going through my bugs on bugzilla.redhat.com, and updating GNOME 1
packages to new versions. Fun stuff!

> gnomehide has been static (So has Mike's XFree86 stuff)

This is because gnomehide is based on 7.2, and I moved to working on
rawhide-based packages. Unfortunately the presence of automake 1.4,
new libpng, and libdb rearrangement make it hard to port packages back
and forth.

> So the next RHL doesn't plan to use GNOME2 at this time?

Well the plan has changed a couple times, so I'd better not comment.
GNOME 2 is a ton of work to get in the distribution, and the devel
freeze for a Red Hat release is well before you see it on shelves.
It isn't as simple as you might think.

Havoc