gdm / Xwilling problem

Having a weird RedHat-specific problem with gdm.

On my Debian systems, if I copy Xwilling into /etc/X11/gdm/, make sure
that /etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf has a "Willing=/etc/X11/gdm/Xwilling" line,
and restart gdm, the Xwilling output is shown in people's choosers
instead of the default kernel information.

However, on RedHat, it appears to ignore this setting and continue to
display output equivalent to "uname -sr".

I can't seem to find anything about this problem through Google or a
search of the mailing lists.

Anybody seen this problem?

It occurs on both RH 7.1 and 7.2, so far.

--
Shawn McMahon                    | McMahon's Laws of Linux support:
http://www.eiv.com               | 1) There's more than one way to do it