Re: Evolution

On Wed, Nov 14, 2001 at 11:19:53PM -0500, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> On Wed, 2001-11-14 at 20:14, Christopher Keller wrote:
> > On Wed, 2001-11-14 at 16:11, Mike Chambers wrote:
> > > I know evolution exists in rawhide but I keep getting dependency errors
> > > that I can't seem to solve.
> > >
> > > Does anyone have this built with whatever dependencies to go with it for
> > > 7.2?
> >
> > I've been using http://people.redhat.com/dsainty/evolution/RPMS since he
> > built them with no problems.  It's sort of an old build of evolution,
> > but works fine.
> >
> > I did need to do an "rpm -ivh *.rpm --force" however. Doesn't seem to be
> > any ill effects, as he tagged the packages with a "ds" to differentiate
> > them.
>
> There are updated packages for Evolution RC1 in gnomehide
> (ftp://people.redhat.com/hp/gnomehide/) that should work nicely with a
> 7.2 system without too much trouble resolving dependencies.   You'll
> definitely want the libgtkhml9 and libgal7 packages.

I haved installed the following packages from gnomehide:

	libxml
	libxml-devel
	ORBit
	ORBit-devel
	bonobo
	bonobo-devel
	GConf
	GConf-devel
	oaf
	oaf-devel
	bonobo-conf
	bonobo-conf-devel
	libgal18
	gal
	gal-devel
	gtkhtml
	gtkhtml-devel
	evolution

to satisfy the dependencies among packages.

But there seems to be small bug in this evolution package, as I have found
when running setup wizard. As I have been told in the evolution mailing list,
I needed to set the suid bit on camel-lock-helper or it wouldn't be able to
create a lock in /var/spool/mail:

	# chown root.mail /usr/sbin/camel-lock-helper
	# chmod g+s /usr/sbin/camel-lock-helper

Regards,

Romildo
--
Prof. José Romildo Malaquias               Departamento de Computação
http://iceb.ufop.br/~romildo       Universidade Federal de Ouro Preto