Problems printing japanese text

Hi,

I am running the Gnomehide RPMs and I have a problem with the preview
and printing of Japanese text. Whenever I try to preview or print
Japanese text, I get little square boxes wherever a Japanese character
is in my source document.

This happens with Gnumeric and Evolution, I haven't tried any other apps.
Am I missing fonts?

-d