a standalone gnome printing dialog

hi,

One of the things many people, including me absolutely would like to see
is some sort of standalone gnome printing dialog (somewhat like kprinter
in KDE). I know this already exists outside the gnome project (I am
talking about gtklp), but an really integrated dialog would be
beautiful.
Could this easily be done by using the libgnomeprintui library? If so,
if I have some time in a couple of weeks, I'd take a look at it. In the
meanwhile, could you give me some tips and links where to start?

I never implemented anything for gnome, but I do have some C experience.
I thought that this might be a good thingy to start with ;).

thanks,
Basje

PS. I know I am cross posting, but I've only just seen that there's a
gnome-print-list.