How-to find printable fonts, etc

 Hi,

How do I know which fonts libgnomeprint actually
can print? Basically, I'd like to present the
user with a font dialog that only displays fonts
which can be printed. Ideally, gnome-print could
print all fonts that Pango can display on screen,
but I'd like to be sure if that is the case.

What (printer-)resolution does gnome-print use?
The standard 72pts from Postscript or does it
query the printer/cups about the printer's dpi?

What is a GnomeFont in contrast to a PangoFont?

If I want to avoid using libgnomeprintUI and
I don't want/need to use the preview canvas,
do I need much more than wrap gnome_print_config
with a GUI? I'm always thinking of way how to
reduce library dependencies since I only want
to print.

Thanks for any info,

  Robert