Re: About gnome_print_pango_layout_print

Le samedi 27 novembre 2004 �0:53 -0500, Owen Taylor a �it :
> On Fri, 2004-11-19 at 13:40 +0100, Jean Br�rt wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I saw that gnome_print_pango_layout_print has been deprecated and has
> > been kept for compatibility. The big problem with that is that it is not
> > compatible with the original version. So either we fix that adding the
> > following line:
> > 	gnome-print_scale (gpc, 1., -1.);
> > or we just remove it.
>
> I didn't test, but you are saying that it prints upside down???

Yes.

> > Another solution is to write en enhanced version
> > (gnome_print_pango_layout) is not an equivalent).
>
> How not? gnome_print_show_pango_layout() and friends are, as far as
> I know, basically completely flexible.

There are several differences at first sight. My problem was to print
the contents of a PangoLayout retrieved from a GtkTextLayout.
It seems (I might be wrong) that GtkTextLayout does not use
PANGO_ATTR_STRIKETHROUGH but some field in GtkTextAppearance to obtain
the same effect. I did not find a simple method to pass that to
gnome_print_pang_layout.
Another detail is that pango slants some fonts as Vera Serif for which
no slanted variant exist, but gnome_print_pango_layout does not.

Otherwise, your implementation is much better than mine. Thanks for your
work.

Regards,

Jean