Re: Setting a default printer in evolutuion 1.2

On Mon, 2004-03-15 at 11:29, Steve Bergman wrote:
> I originally posted this to the evolution list, but have been informed
> that it is really a gnome-print issue.
>
> I have a RH9 system running evolution 1.2.  I can't seem to get the
> proper default printer set.  If I do a file->print and then set the
> command line to lpr -P printername, it only works for the current
> session.  Evolution seems to ignore LPDEST and PRINTER.  Am I doing
> something wrong?  IIRC, Evolution 1.2 is a Gnome 1 app, and not Gnome 2.

If you were using cups the default printer would automatically used.
Without cups gnome-rpint currently does not remember teh printers but
uses "lpr" as default without looking at any oher variables.

Andreas
--
Andreas J. Guelzow <aguelzow taliesin ca>
Taliesin