Re: [Evolution] printing to Postscript level 1 printer ?

On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 11:23:11 -0500
Dan Winship <danw ximian com> wrote:

> > My problem : this NeWSprint software only accept PS level 1. A bunch
> > of my linux apps (eg Gimp or acrobat) can be configured to generate
> > PS level 1, but evolution only emits PS level 2. My only option so
> > far was to print to PDF, then launch acrobat, then print to PS level
> > 1, then send to printer. Obviously not the optimal solution.
> >
> > Can evolution be configured to generate PS1 ? Or is there a way to
> > make this global in gnome settings ?
>
> I'd think you should be able to, but I'm not really sure how...
>
> If you can't make gnome-print behave, another possibility would be to
> use ghostscript on the Sun box to convert the level 2 PostScript to
> level 1 before passing it off to NeWSprint.

Hi,

sorry for late answer, hacking took a while. I replaced NeWSprint by
Ghostscript and a NP20 back-end documented here :
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Drive/1707/newsprinter20.html

It works nicely, I now have a PS2 queue and evo can print to it.

Thanks,
Charles