Re: libgnomeprint cups backend vs libgnomecups

On Fri, Jun 18, 2004 at 02:06:42PM -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:

> Colin and I have been busy hacking the cups module in libgnomeprint to
> make it use libgnomecups, which allows us to display and update printer
> state information in the print dialog.

So I'm not completely up on the complete printing architecture of GNOME, so
this may be a stupid question, but why have both libgnomeprint and
libgnomecups?  What purpose does it serve to abstract the CUPS API, and
just the CUPS API, in a library?  Would those abstractions or enhancements
be better off in the CUPS API itself?

Again, apologies for the newbie questions.

Danek