Re: [patch] some threading fixes, and handle no default printers

On Tue, Aug 03, 2004 at 01:37:41PM -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Attached is a patch to libgnomeprintui which adds some
> GDK_THREADS_ENTER
> calls to callbacks eventually run from the libgnomecups idle
> handlers.

Putting the threading checks in the gpaui code where there are no
obvious threads is certainly simple, but seems out of place.  I'd
rather they be down in the only threaded backend
    libgnomeprint/libgnomeprint/modules/cups/gnome-print-cups.c
which keeps knowledge of threads local.

> More importantly for most applications, this also fixes the
> case where
> there is no default printer (this part of the patch is from
> Matthias).
Blah I've had something similar sitting in my tree for a while, and
forgot to commit.