Re: GnomePrint : Its time for some autumn cleaning

On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 02:14:15PM +0530, Guntupalli Karunakar wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 11:55:34 -0400
> Jody Goldberg <jody gnome org> wrote:
> >     - improve integration with fontconfig and pango
>
>  there are printing issues for Indic scripts , basically CTL (complex
> text layout) languages.
> Right now at the most we can get is just unicode chars getting printed
> in sequence, would above integration with fontconfig & pango
> fix/improve it?

Hopefully yes.  I can't make any promises before getting better
aquainted with the code.  However, as an application developer I'd
very much list to support something like
    gnome_print_pango_show (GnomePrintContext*, PangoLayout *);

with a corresponding pango context for the layout to make things
work.  I have no idea yet if that is feasible.