Re: GnomePrint : Its time for some autumn cleaning

Hi Jody,
It's good to hear that some works are going into this now. That would give use a good few months to make things right for 2.6 release :)

What is the branch tag? Now that I have integrated some of the excellent works by Dave and Chemo into our distros, I would like to at least follow some of the discussion here ;)

-Ghee

Jody Goldberg wrote:
Thanks to the wonderful folk at Ximian I'm going to get a chance to
start picking up the slack in libgnomeprint* and get development
kicked back into gear.
After some discussion with Chema I've joined the MAINTAINERS file,
and started reviewing some pending patches.  As you've probably
noticed the trees have been branched and there is now a :

    WARNING
	This is the _development_ branch, and currently requires unreleased
	versions of gtk+ out of CVS.

to HEAD.  Please note that I do not claim to know my way around the
tree from an implementation perspective as yet.  Hopefully, that
will change quickly.  Given the current state of the tree we've got
our work cut out for us.  Some of the topics that seem high on the
priority list are :
    - merge in Ximian's cups work
    - improve integration with fontconfig and pango
- fix the memory explosion associated with the meta stream
I'll be triaging bugzilla shortly to get a feel for things.  Please
post pet bugs and irritations to the list and we can start getting a
TODO list in place.

Best Wishes,
    Jody