Re: Printing a GnomeCanvas object

Le mar 10/06/2003 à 22:49, Pramod a écrit :
> Hi,
>  I'm afraid this might be an oft-repeated question ( yeah..I _have_
> checked the archives), but unfortunately it's critical to our project!
>  I want to know if gnome-print can accept a GnomeCanvas object and print
> it. If not, at least how would do I go about printing a GnomeCanvas
> object? (hopefully not re-drawing the entire thing using gnome-print
> directives!)
> 	I'd be really grateful for _any_ solutions, hints, or links.

There is no simple solution at the moment to print a Gnome Canvas
object. Unfortunately, the solution is effectively to use gnome-print
directives to redraw everything.
Some time ago, I have made some work to solve this problem for my own
project. I can print nearly everything except texts (I hope this will
come soon), but then, I don't know if the patch will be included in
libgnomecanvas; this point has already been discussed and no general
agreement was found. I'll come back to this when everything will work.
In the meanwhile, I'll probably use a patched canvas statically linked
in my applications.
If somebody is interested in testing what I did, I can make available a
preliminary version of the patch.

Best regards,
--
Jean Bréfort <jean brefort ac-dijon fr>