CUPS Integration

Hello,
I'm a gnome user, and many of the programs use gnome-print. (I run
debian).  I'm curious - is CUPS integration a feature only found in XD2,
and if not, how do I enable it upon compile (or do I need a newer
version).  Finally, if it is, will it eventually become included in the
standard distribution - I think it's a great feature, as I have many
network printers I can print to via wireless, and typing lpr -P <printer
name>, and trying to remember what I named them is frustrating (but less
so now that I have gnome-cups-manager running) :)

THank you,
Justin