Re: pango fonts default aliases --> gnome fonts?

On Út, 2003-01-28 at 21:03, Martin Kretzschmar wrote:
> Radek Doulík <rodo ximian com> writes:
>
> > These aliases works, but only for font names. I am attaching patch which
> > enables these aliases as family aliases.
> >
> > It does 2 things:
> >       * it renames sans-serif family to sans which works as well with
> >         fontconfig and is "compatible" with gtk's 'Sans'
>
> However, the sample fonts.conf that comes with fontconfig calls 'sans'
> a deprecated alias.

You are right. So I've made 2 sets of aliases for Sans Serif, one with
family name 'sans serif' (it's allowed alternate spelling to sans-serif)
and font names 'Sans Serif ...' and one with 'sans' family name (which
is deprecated alias, but Pango still uses it and I want to translate
Pango fonts to Gnome Font's without additional app processing).

We could remove the deprecated sets once it's not used in Pango any more
or when it gets removed from fontconfig.

I will add an updated patch to reply to Chema's reply.

Cheers
Radek