New to gnome-print, but stumbled on something I find odd

I'm fairly new to the gnome-print libraries, but I ran into something that just strikes me as incorrect.

I am using the gnome print dialog to display some UI for the user to setup how they want things printed. All is well and fine, but when I go to query the GnomePrintConfig object I get back, I get some wonky results. More specifically, when I call gnome_print_config_get_double( config, GNOME_PRINT_KEY_PAPER_WIDTH, &physicalWidth );, most of the time I get back information in Points. But, I have found that sometimes I get the information back in Inches. Here are the steps that I most often see this issue:

Open the dialog, hit Print button (which then dumps the results) and I see the info in points. Open the dialog, change the paper tab's setting from Centimeters to inches, hit Print button and see info in points. Open the dialog, change the paper tab's setting from A4 paper to US Letter (Inches is still listed as the information type), hit print button and see info in Inches. Open the dialog, hit print button (still set at US Letter and Inches), and see info in Points.

This just strikes me as really weird. I hesitate to call it a bug due to my newness in working with Gnome-Print, but I'm certainly confused. Can someone confirm or deny (or explain) what I'm seeing?

FYI: system info is Gentoo Linux, 2.4.20 kernel.  Using libgnomeprint-2.2.1

Thanks!

~Aaron

--
Handy UNIX Commands: