Gnome print usage questions

Hy

I have a few questions for gnome-print & gnome-printui hackers. GPdf
uses gnome-print framework for rendering pages and I'd like to be able
get thumbnails from (needed when thumbs are not embed in PDFfile).
I'd like to know if there is a way to get a pixbuf from a print job page ?
I saw in CVS a gnome-print-pixbuf context object, but it is not builded.
Is it an obsolete object or is it a not yet finished development ? (make
use of libgnomeprint/gnome-print-rbuf...)

Thanks for any help/guidelines