[gnome-print] Confusion about using gnome print

Ok, I am trying to add print screen support to gnome-terminal.
I am able to produce a dialog as follows:

GtkWidget *dialog = g_object_new (GNOME_TYPE_PRINT_DIALOG, "print_config",
print_config, NULL);
gnome_print_config_set (print_config, "Settings.Transport.Backend", "lpr");
gnome_print_config_set (print_config, "Printer", "GENERIC");
gnome_print_dialog_construct (GNOME_PRINT_DIALOG (dialog),
                            _("Print"),
                             GNOME_PRINT_DIALOG_COPIES);
res = gtk_dialog_run (GTK_DIALOG (dialog));

I am able to produce a output.ps by the following:

GnomePrintMaster *pm;
pm = gnome_print_master_new_from_config(print_config);
gnome_print_master_print(pm);

Where I run into issues is figuring out how to actually print.
I am not sure how to get the information I would like to print
into the actual gnome-print objects (This section doesn't seem well
documented).

What I see in programs like gHex & gEdit is they are iterating through
lines, but I am not sure what format these lines have to be in.

Can someone clue me in on how to print just basic ASCII???