Re: [gnome-print] Where to start

On Thu, 2002-05-30 at 01:14, Chema Celorio wrote:

> See the examples directory in libgnomeprint HEAD. That is a good
> starting point. They are not as complete as i'd like them to be but are
> half way there.
>
> Do you want to learn the Gnome Print objects and interaction with them
> or the drawing methods (Postscript)?

I simply want to print syntax highlighted source files for Anjuta, so I
guess that would entail learning a little bit of both, but more of the
latter. For the time being, I've simply copied the necessary code from
the GEdit source code and made the necessary modifications. It seems to
work fine so far, but I'm currently printing plain text. I'll give
syntax highlighting a go next.

Thanks to Vlad, Chema and others for the great pointers. Please check
out the upcoming Anjuta 0.1.10 with Gnome Print support :-) Yay !

BTW, *some* API docs would be nice - isn't there a way to generate them
automatically (using Doxygen/gtk-doc, etc.) and make them available
online (preferably as a Devhelp book, I've become addicted to Devhelp
lately).

Another thing - I've been using Valgrind (an awesome application BTW,
check it out at http://developer.kde.org/~sewardj/ ) and it gives
hundreds of warnings about memory problems when using the Gnome Print
methods (I'm using version 0.35). Someone might want to check it out -
you won't regret it - that's a promise !

Rgds,
Biswa.