[gnome-print] Need to generate a file from Illustrator

Hello guys,

I need to generate a PDF file with a recent version of Adobe Illustrator
so that I can see how to implement images with alpha, It isn't clear
from the standard how should it be done.

need a PDF created in Illustrator that has something in the background
(say a line) and a image with alpha on top, just like:
http://www.gnome.org/~chema/PDF_alpha_image.png

In postscript what we do is render the area covered by the image but I
am hoping that for PDF we can include the objects unmodified and not
tied to a specific resolution.

If someone with access to Illustrator can generate a PDF for me with
this alpha image on the back and a line below the image, it would be a
big help. The image I am using is:
http://www.gnome.org/~chema/sample-image.png

Thanks,
Chema