[Gnome-print] gnome-font-install and aliases

Hi, All!

Recently I've spent some time trying properly setup aliases for
standart adobe fonts (gnome-print-0.29). Unfortunately, for example
Gnumeric does not start without Helvetica. But gnome-print installs
alias for Helvetica without Cyrillic (standart adobe .afm has no
Cyrillic).
I discovered gnome-font-install (in gfi_process_type1_alias and
gfi_try_srcfont) uses info from .afm file to fill internal font
structure, but not xml-properties (name, fullname, family, weight)
from .font file. Seems such xml-properties are absolutely needless.
IMHO it's strange behaviour. So if I want to have font with name "a"
from font with name "b" I need to have correct .afm file for "a". IMHO
it's annoying model of aliasing (and broken since standart .afm files
from package has weak internationalization).
I suggest to fill name, fullname, familyname, etc. parts of internal
structure from corresponding xml-properties of .font file. It's close
to X model of aliasing (X does not make any check of
filemame/weight/etc when aliasing). And then use .afm for other parts
of structure. With such model of aliasing it will be possible to use
native .afm for "metrics" property and may be forget about version
compare of .afm and .pfb files.

Regards,
Dmitry