[Gnome-print] installation of gnome-print

I installed gnome-print-0.31 and saw no errors during configure, make and
make install.  I then tried to configure several software packages and
continue to get the error that gnome-print is not installed.  My question is
where do the gnome-print files need to be located to link correctly.  The
libraries are in /usr/local/lib and the gnome-print files are in
/usr/local/share.  What have I missed?  Thanks in advance, Ken