[Gnome-print] gnome-print 0.29 testing needed

Hello!

I will release gnome-print 0.29 next week. This is mainly bugfix
release, but you may want to check translations to be sure.

Also, I would be pleased, if you would find time, and give it a test.
I'll do what I can myself, but I have only single computer/distro,
and so probably cannot expect to encounter too much ones...

What to test:
- DSC (Document Structuring Convention) compliance. This has been broken
  for ages, and new CUPS versions are complaining
- Printing large files (PS and PDF)
- Printing files with many fonts (PS and PDF)
- Setups with broken fonts (it should not crash any more)
- Whatever else

How to test:
The library major version is 0.15. This is fine, if you have gnome-1.4
built from sources, but if you have Ximian gnome 1.4, your programs are
expecting version 0.11. The version number advance is mistake from
autumn 2000 - the versions should be compatible - but there is no
way for rewinding it without confusing even more people.
So if you do not want to recompile distributed software, do following:
- install gnome-print-0.29.test
- create symlink named libgnomeprint.so.11 from some directory to your
  new libgnomeprint.so.15
- set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to that directory
- run program

And please, please report all found bugs to bugzilla.gnome.org, module
gnome-print. Or if you absolutely do not want, drop me a e-mail. I
cannot fix anything, unless there is reported problem (see abowe).

About next version.
I very much hope 0.29 will be the last release in series starting
from 0.21, and the next one will come from CVS HEAD. There will
be tons of improvements both internal and external. But to be able to
release it in schedule, I rely on current series being stable
enough, as the new one will be unstable anyways. So once more - please
test it.

Best wishes,
Lauris Kaplinski