Re: [Gnome-print] impressions on CVS gnome-print

On Tue, 13 Mar 2001, Vlad Harchev wrote:
>  Hi,
>
>  Here are my impressions gnome-print checked from gnome-1-4-branch 5 hours
> ago from anoncvs.
>  It seems to be OK from i18n POV - all my patches are included and fixing all
> i18n problems I knew of.
>  The problems:
>
> 1) pdfs produced by it under any locale, with no compression are illformed
> (there is no  header for streams). Patch to fix this appended.
>
> 2) All characters (i.e. letters, digits, etc) are invisible in pdfs produced
> (at least with no compression. Note: I just built the library and copied the
> built .so file over the gnome-print 0.25 (i.e. I didn't change config files,
> fontmap, etc) - though I doubt that such way of installation could influense
> things - .ps files are produced correctly. When I put back 0.25 .so, it works
> just fine - no characters disappear.
>
> 3) Something changed in "print" dialog - no when I just hit enter, default
> action ("Print" or whatever) is not executed - seems that combobox is stealing
> events now. It's very annoying..

 As for print dialog, if the following lines enabled (they are wrappen in
#if 0/#endif) in gnome-printer-dialog.c, the 3) is fixed.

gnome_dialog_editable_enters (dialog, GTK_EDITABLE
(gnome_file_entry_gtk_entry(GNOME_FILE_ENTRY (gpw->entry_filename))));

 Best regards,
  -Vlad