Re: [Gnome-print] Printing a gnome-canvas

> Is it possible to print a gnome-canvas to a high-resolution postscript
> file.
> At the moment I'm working on a simulation in theoretical physics. The
> gnome-canvas is very convenient to show the results on the screen.
> However, once in a while, I would like to be able to save the results to
>
> a postscript file or print to a printer.

What kind of objects are you rendering into the screen?

I could see the viability of developing an external component that
would take a "GnomeCanvas" and would print it out.

The hack would basically scan the list of GnomeCanvasItems, and for
every GnomeCanvasItem it *knows* about it would render the equivalent
to the printer.

This is not the best possible solution, as it would only work with
CanvasItems that it knows about and not with anything else, but it
would allow people to quickly dump their data to the printer.

Ideally we would have something like Lauris described, but I feel that
there is a place for the hack I described before.

Miguel.