Re: [Gnome-print] First draft of new encoding routines

Lauris Kaplinski <lauris@ximian.com> writes:

> On 14 Jun 2001 19:14:55 -0400, Scott Gifford wrote:
> > Chema Celorio <chema@ximian.com> writes:
> > > We want to patch gnome-print-ps2.c, the gnome-print-ps.c driver is the
> > > "legacy" one and is there mostly for testing.
> >
> > I thought so, and even started the patch, but when I ran "testprint"
> > it didn't use that.  Do I need to pass a flag to configure to make it
> > use gnome-print-ps2?
>
> Ah, unless you install gnome-print, there are no printer description
> files, so default ps driver will be used.
> Once you either install your gnome-print, or copy profiles manually to
> $prefix/share/gnome-print/VERSION, ps2 will be used instead of ps.

Thanks for the tip.  Here's a patch against gnome-print-ps2.c; you'll
want to apply my first patch, then this one on top of it.  In my next
iteration, I'll combine everything into one patch.

It has basic support for LanguageLevel1 printing, since it was pretty
easy to do; it only includes the gnomeprintimage function if it's
needed; and it tries to make proper use of the DSC Resource tags.

Again, all feedback will be appreciated.

----ScottG.