Re: [Gnome-print] Installing non standard fonts

Hello!

On 13 Jun 2001 00:14:48 +0200, Pere Pujal Carabantes wrote:
> I've download this package from the adobe ftp:
> ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/type/win/all/eurofont.exe
> This are Type1 fonts that contains only the euro symbol.
>
> uncompressed whith unzip and installed the fonts in ghostscript
>
> Now I want to use whith gnumeric, so I need to install in gnome-print.
> As I was unable to automatical install the font files whith
> gnome-font-install, I am trying to manually add to the fontmap file.
> Any help will be welcome.
>
> Here is an exemple of one entry (don't work for now):

> familyname="Euro Serif" speciesname="Bold" psname="EuroSerif-Bold"
> wheigt="Bold" italicangle="0">
>     <file type="afm" path="/usr/lib/ghostscript/fonts/zpeub.afm"
> size="11534"/>
>     <file type="pfb" path="/usr/lib/ghostscript/fonts/zpeub.pfb
> size="14310"/>
>
> I loose the mtime fields because don't know how must be

mtime is dump dump of file modification timestamp in unix time. It
is not needed, as is (not needed) size for anything, but for installer
to keep track, whether it should re-validate font file.

In your example, name should be without hyphen. And weight, not wheight
;)

Btw. which gnome-print version are you using?

> The first about truetype fonts. Are supported yet? I have some that has
> the euro

Only in unstable cvs HEAD version. So you cannot use these, unless you
are extremely brave.

> The second: Can someone point me to a type1 font that contains not only
> the euro symbol but all the letters and that don't give problems whith
> gnome-print?.
> Note that I use  the iso8859-15 encoding

Hmmm...
I would use some TTF to Type1 converter on Arial or Times New Roman
(should be freely downloadable from Microsoft website).

Best wishes,
Lauris Kaplinski