Re: [Setup-tool-hackers] Re: [Gnome-print] Printer & modeldescription files

On 13 Jun 2001 12:52:14 -0500, Chema Celorio wrote:
> I like this XML definition. Some comments :

> On 11 Jun 2001 04:12:52 +0200, Lauris Kaplinski wrote:

>>   Resolution - list of resolution names (should be included)

> There are some backends that are resolution agnostic, like the PDF
> driver. The applications and systems should be able to print when the
> resolution is either unknown or there isn't a real resolution.

Actually, it would be great if the PDF driver did support resolution.
The Windows one does, it lets you choose the resolution of included
bitmaps. It's actually very practical, since targetting for screen at 72
dpi produces nice small files, and targetting for print at 300dpi
produces PDFs that you can actually send to a print shop and have done
in offset.

This is, of course, a digression.

--
   Joakim Ziegler - Ximian Web Monkey - joakim@ximian.com - Radagast@IRC
 FIX sysop - Free Software Coder - Writer - FIDEL & Conglomerate developer