Re: [Gnome-print] Tutorial? API Reference?

Hello!

AFAIK there is no tutorial available.
If you know PostScript basics, you need only little more. Most gnome-print methods
are functionally identical to PostScript operators.
Things that you need in addition:
1. Create GnomePrintContext initially, Use GnomePrintDialog, get GnomePrinter and
create GnomePrintContext with gnome_print_context_new. Or use GnomePrintMaster
if you need reasonable handling of multiple copies.
2. GnomeFont for text - use GnomeFontDialog and/or gnome_font_new_closest.
3. gnome_print_show accepts UTF8 encoded text - if your application uses some
other encoding internally, you have to transcode manually.
4. Every page has to start with gnome_print_beginpage and end with gnome_print_showpage

There shouldn't be any limitations to job size. Currently most jobs are sent
directly to lpr or written to file, so gnome-print even does not have to handle these.
Exception is print preview and some other contexts, that have to use in-memory
representations. There is no artifical limits, but, of course, print preview
may become slow with VERY complex page layouts.

Btw. many things will change for gnome 2.0, but that's future.

Lauris