Re: [Gnome-print] PATCH: support freetype

Hello Akira!

Sorry, I skipped gnome-print list for some days.

Tell me, how confident you are by these patches?
The problem is, that gnome-print has currently emerged into
3 (yes, three) versions:

Current stable (0.29)
Current HEAD (gnome 1.4 unstable)
gnome-2.0 unstable version

There is TrueType/FreeType support built in both HEAD and
gnome-2 versions. I am stabilizing HEAD now, but may still
take some time, as there are additional changes (config), and I
want to change font installation system to make it comply with
LSB.
I'll merge your patches, and play with them. If that makes the
life easier now, I am all for integrating these. My only concern is,
that gnome-print 0.30, if it is still from stable branch, has
to be rock-solid. So please add as much testing from your side
as well.

Also, I do not like the idea of specific init/finish for
gnome-print at all. After all, we cannot guarantee finish to be
called anyways, as programs may crash etc.
So I suggest moving freetype_init to face class initialization,
and either:
a) dropping finish at all
b) moving finish to face_destroy, so if all faces are destroyed,
   we clean up everything. Alternatively there can be some
   timeout, so it really behaves like cache.

But otherwise I am very glad :) Thank you very much for your work!

Best wishes,
lauris Kaplinski