Re: [Gnome-print] information about printing a grid

Hello!

On 31 Jul 2001 12:29:59 -0500, Chema Celorio wrote:
> Ok, the gnome print API is modeled after Postscript. So I suggest that
> you find a good postscript reference on how to use them. So if you have
> in postcript the following commands to draw a rectangle :
>
> 100 100 moveto
> 100 300 lineto
> 200 300 lineto
> 200 100 lineto
> closepath
> stroke
> show

Sorry, no 'show' here ;)
show     - displays line of text with current font
showpage - forces all drawing up to that point to be copied to output
           (paper)

> You will use in gnome-print :
>
> pc = gnome_print_context_new ();
> gnome_print_moveto (pc, 100, 100);
> gnome_print_lineto (pc, 100, 300);
> gnome_print_lineto (pc, 200, 300);
> gnome_print_lineto (pc, 200, 100);
> gnome_print_closepath (pc);
> gnome_print_stroke (pc);
> gnome_print_show (pc);

Again, no gnome_print_show ;)

> etc ..
>
> There are a lot of unix aps that generate postscript code for printing
> output that is one of the reasons the API is based on postscript. I
> started some time ago writing a small gnome-print tutorial but i have
> not had the time to work on it. This has been requested a lot but nobody
> has done it yet.

Chema, if you have anything existing, can you send it to me?
I got final design from digitect, so as soon, as I have gnome-2
gnome-print in reasonable shape, I plan to devote some time to setting
up webpage.

Best wishes,
Lauris Kaplinski