[Gnome-print] Re: gnome-print ...

Hello!

I sketched something to the source graph.

Certain libgnomeprint dependencies:
1. libart_lgpl
2. freetype2
3. bonobo (for bonobo-print)

Currently it depends on Gtk+ type system. That can be replaced with glib
one, of course (green line - will be removed)
I am not sure about libgnome dependency. Probably I do not want that
(only simple sugar like g_concat_dir_and_file are used). In that case
direct dependency to bonobo will be establised, othwerwise through
libgnome.

libgnomeprintx
1. libgnomeprint
2. gnome-canvas
3. bonobo-ui?

Now I am also not sure about whether we want to depend directly on
bonobo-ui and canvas or via libgnomeui.
I have absolutely not thought about bonobo-based UI stuff still, so
chances are only Gtk+/canvas is needed. Bonobo is long-term must-be,
to allow configuring of out-of-process print engine, but I do not
know, whether it is needed at moment - instead we can pass print
configuration via non-ui channel from component to component.

This the case for standalone gnome-print. Eventually I'd like to merge
it somewhere, but probably not for gnome 2.0.

The current state of gnome-print:
I am finishing big surgery that removes tons of old legacy
stuff, while porting everything to extensible configuration engine
and freetype text rendering, splitting ui/non-ui parts & so on.
I hope to complete the basics in week or so. Then:
1. I have to make at least ps, preview, pdf to work seamlessly
2. After that I can think about GObject and merging bonobo-print

Best wishes,
Lauris Kaplinski