Re: [Gnome-print] Re: Gnome printing issues

On Wed, Sep 13, 2000 at 12:46:22AM -0400, Mark VanderWiele/Austin/IBM wrote:
> Chema:  I may have missed your point.   The IBM-Java-118-SDK is
> downloadable without charge.   Yes, you are right you can not redistribute
> it.   Are you saying you will not pre req a tool which must be downloaded
> separately?

If a system is not really usable without a non-free (as in free speach, not
free beer! I don't care about free of charge, the issue is freedom) package,
the entire system becomes not free.

Is this tool truly neccessary?  (That is the SDK)  Could not a free
alternative be used/written?  Alternatively, if IBM doesn't make money on
this, what's the reason for not GPL or LGPLing it, thereby solving the
problem.

George

--
George <jirka@5z.com>
   I either want less corruption, or more chance to participate in it.