[Gnome-print] [Fwd: Gnome printing issues]

> Lauris Kaplinski <lauris@helixcode.com> writes:
> > I.e. we still go with our own PDL, but instead of starting it from
> > scratch, we'll start from existing Adobe specification.
> >

> Can you give any practical user benefits from using a nonstandard PDL?
> Otherwise it seems to be only disadvantages and no pluses, since it
> will be very much harder for us to maintain and document if it's
> nonstandard.
>
> Does PDF 1.4 lack any needed features?

Was I saying, that we plan to be incopatible?

No, we stay compatible. We start with subset of PDF 1.4 and we are not
inroducing
incompatibilites for their own sake. But we want to be maintainers of
our PDL spec
ourselves, so if communication with Adobe is bloced for some reason, we
can go
on without any problems.

Lauris