Re: [Gnome-print] GnomePrint team + OMIN team + VA Linux team

Hello Chema, and hello Gnome-Print hackers!
I'll go ahead and just give a quick description of what I've been working on
for the last
couple of months.
I did a couple of weeks work transferring libppd over to a new glib
infrastructure.  This means libppd is now
easier to code to, uses a fairly consistent interface, and operates with all
the glib data types/classes.
For anyone who doesn't know what libppd is, I'll quote the project page
(http://libppd.sourceforge.net):
'[libppd is] a library to facilitate modifing PostScript jobs by inserting
printer
 specific PS code fragments into the "right" spot inside a PS print job'
We have a list for libppd-gnome integration at:
Right now, I'm working on a program called gPANDA
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/gpanda) which provides a
gnome interface to the print notification stuff Ben has hacked into our
version of lpr.
I'm also designing a generic CORBA interface to print notification, which
I'm hoping will be flexible and usefull enough for use within gnome-print.
Of course, I plan on sending a draft to this list, for
comments/criticism/flames.
	--Mark

--
If we were meant to get up early, God would have created us with alarm
clocks.