Re: [Gnome-print] About merging RGBA

Lauris:
	I wanted to respond before. but I have been very busy.
	If my answer does not fully satisfies your question, please
	let me know.

Miguel de Icaza wrote:
>   Lauris is giving the finishing touches to the new gnome-print to
> Lauris said:
> > Also, has anybody Red Book handy, and can tell me:
> > How do fill, eofill, clip and eoclip handle currentpath? Do they close it,
> > if open? Do they do implicit newpath?
> > How should fills and clips behave, if asked to fill partially closed,
> > partially open path?
> > Does show do implicit newpath? Does it advance currentpoint?

[FROM THE RED BOOK]

FILL
Before painting, FILL implicity closes any open subpaths of the current
path. Tha insede of the current path is determined by the normal
non-zero
winding number rule (See section 4.5, "Painting")

FILL implicitly performs a newpath after it has finished filling the
current
path. TO preserve the current path accros a fill operation, use the
sequence

gsave fill restore

==================

EOFILL

Paints the inside of the current path with the current color, using the
even
othh rule ( see section 4.5) to determine what points are inside. Except
for the
choice of this reul, the behaivor of EOFILL is identicall for that of
FILL.

===================

CLIP

clip treats an open subpath of the curren path as of it was closed.
unlike FILL and stroke, CLIP does not implicitly perform a newpath after
it has
finished using the current path.

EOCLIP

behavior is like CLIP except for the even odd rule. DUDE !

LOVE ALL, SERVE ALL

Sheeema